Sheffield's climate is changing, wetter winters and summers and higher temperatures all year round - what are you doing to help save the planet?
To try and find out peoples different opinions on the subject of climate change and the effect it has on the environment, we asked this question to six people to try and determine what they thought and had to say about this complicated and sometimes controversial issue
Dan Barber, 20, Student, Originally from Essex
I'm going to leave my SUV running all day and all night, with my heating on 30 degrees and the windows and doors open, whilst possibly burning effigies of Al Gore. Climate change is a scam, and even if it wasn't, it's too late to 'save the planet' now
Andrew Bottjer, 19, Student, Living in Sheffield
There's not much I can really do to help cut down my carbon foot-print, I don't have a lot of money so I can't buy more expensive but planet-friendlier things really... the amount of effort involved is just too much for me to be bothered with
There's not much I can really do to help cut down my carbon foot-print, I don't have a lot of money so I can't buy more expensive but planet-friendlier things really... the amount of effort involved is just too much for me to be bothered withDaniel Bates, 19, Student, From Sedgefield, living in Sheffield

I didn't really used to take into consideration what I could do to help save the planet but I recycle more than I used to and make sure I don't use as much electricity by not using standby on thing like televisions. But I still don't think that just me as one person can make any much of a difference, it needs to be on a much bigger scale

I didn't really used to take into consideration what I could do to help save the planet but I recycle more than I used to and make sure I don't use as much electricity by not using standby on thing like televisions. But I still don't think that just me as one person can make any much of a difference, it needs to be on a much bigger scale
Leanne Chuter, 19, Student, From Aldershot, living in Sheffield
Using my own waste as compost. Seriously, I’m just taking every advantage I get to go out into the sun...recycling my many alcohol bottles and newspapers... that kind of thing. It’s more than most people do, so I’m happy with myself
Using my own waste as compost. Seriously, I’m just taking every advantage I get to go out into the sun...recycling my many alcohol bottles and newspapers... that kind of thing. It’s more than most people do, so I’m happy with myselfRachel Hale, 19, Student, Originally from Essex
I recycle any old object that can be recycled, I reuse plastic bags or use them bag for life bags when going shopping... I use roll on deoderant rather than the spray can ones... i try to use public transport or walk where necessary and i use energy saving bulbs
I recycle any old object that can be recycled, I reuse plastic bags or use them bag for life bags when going shopping... I use roll on deoderant rather than the spray can ones... i try to use public transport or walk where necessary and i use energy saving bulbsHemz Jani, 19, Student, Originally from Nottingham
Well I guess I am reducing my carbon footprint by not using a car, and i rarely use public transport by walking everywhere, but I only really do both those things because it saves me money and not because it's good for the environment... I don't keep my lights on all the time too, is another thing that I do
Well I guess I am reducing my carbon footprint by not using a car, and i rarely use public transport by walking everywhere, but I only really do both those things because it saves me money and not because it's good for the environment... I don't keep my lights on all the time too, is another thing that I do
No comments:
Post a Comment