After months of inactivity, I'm pleased to announce that I've resurrected my blog! However, the purpose of it this time has changed: instead of covering film related news and articles, I'll be using it to keep track of my progress relating to my Writing the News assignments.
The assignment itself consists of reporting a story from sheffield city council, a case from magistrates court and a own source story. I've already picked up an interesting lead from the council about the possible closure of Abbeydale Grange school on Hastings Road and managed to write down related notes last week on the 25th November, and will be returning to the council on the 9th in order to find out the verdict there.
Also, tomorrow I'm planning to check out "Reindeer Food" in the union, it's a one-off event to help raise money for "Amy's Retreat", a local children's cancer charity. Considering how this involves both sheffield hallam students and the community, it seems worth investigating further as a possible own source story to include in the assignment
Finally, I'll be heading down to magistrates court this Wednesday (2nd December) with fellow Journalism student Leanne Chuter in order to find an interesting case to report on
That's it for now, Jon out
Monday, 30 November 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment